What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup that provides a means to simulate eyebrow hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments. The technique involves drawing individual, crisp hair strokes that appear very natural. It is performed by depositing pigment superficially in the upper region of the dermis with the use of a hand tool. The needles used in this tool come in a variety of diameters so that the thickness of each individual hair stroke can be customized. The depth of the pigment deposited does not reach the deepest layer of dermis, thus an effect of extremely fine and natural looking hair is achieved.
This technique is a process that may be used to improve or create eyebrow definition, to cover gaps of lost hair, to extend the eyebrows, or may be used as a full reconstruction if the brows have little to no hair. Each microblading stroke is applied individually, allowing the artist to control the shape, color and density of the completed eyebrows.
The treatment begins with developing the desired shape, then using individual tattoo strokes or ‘feathers’ in the area to plot the shape and style requested. The color choice is patient specific and is mixed to complement hair color and skin tone.
Am I a candidate for microblading?
Microblading is a perfect solution for anyone who wants full, beautiful brows every day. Perfect for active people who don’t want to worry about sweating off makeup during workouts or swimming. Wonderful for busy parents or those who want to minimize makeup application time. Microblading helps clients who lack natural brow hair/growth, or are suffering from scarring, Alopecia, Cancer or other diseases and disorders that have led to natural hair loss. Each client will be thoroughly reviewed during their Brow Consult appointment to verify they are a good candidate for Microblading, prior to their first session.
Our Microblading Services
30 minutes – $50
Prior to any Microblading Service, a Brow Consult is required. During this service, you will meet with one of our trained technicians about goals, expectations, discuss procedure, and ensure you are a good candidate for Microblading. Brow mapping, color matching, and brow design are included in this consult.
Microblading Session, Touch Up Microblading, or Manual Shading Session may be scheduled as soon as 7 days’ post Brow Consult. Consult is valid for 6 months.
2 hour 15 minutes – $350
Prior to any Microblading Service, a Brow Consult is required. Brow measurements, shape and color are finalized at the beginning of the session. A topical anesthetic numbing cream is applied and is followed by the full Microblading process. Aftercare products and instructions are reviewed at the end of the procedure.
Touch Up Microblading Session with Follow Up, Included (regularly $150). Touch Up Microblading Session must be scheduled 6-12 weeks from initial session.
TOUCH UP MICROBLADING SESSION
1 hour 30 minutes – $150
Prior to any Microblading Service, a Brow Consult is required. Brow measurements, shape and color are reviewed from past procedures. A topical anesthetic numbing cream is applied and is followed by the full Microblading process. Aftercare products and instructions are reviewed at the end of the procedure.
This treatment is also an option for clients with previous Microblading or Cosmetic tattoos.
MANUAL SHADING SESSION
60 minutes- $100
Prior to any Microblading Service, a Brow Consult is required. A manual shading technique, used to give results similar to a powder, ombre or filled brow. Eyebrow shape, color and intensity are selected according to the facial features and preferences of the client. A topical anesthetic numbing cream is applied and is followed by the Manual Shading process. Aftercare products and instructions are reviewed at the end of the procedure.
This treatment is also an option for clients with previous Microblading or Cosmetic tattoos. Can be done alone, or post Microblading Session.
Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
All Microblading Appointments require a non-refundable, 50% deposit to schedule. This deposit goes towards your appointment and holds your appointment on the calendar.
A 24-hour cancellation notice is required to cancel or rescheduled your appointment. You must call or email, 24 hours prior to your appointment time. Should you fail to cancel or reschedule your appointment within this time frame, you will forfeit your deposit. A no-showed appointment will also forfeit your deposit. Should you wish to reschedule your appointment after failing to comply with the 24-hour cancellation policy, you will be required to pay another non-refundable deposit.
Pre-Treatment Advice and Procedures
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly, or redden, it is advised not to make social plans the same day of your appointment.
- Please wear your normal makeup to your Brow Consult and bring your favorite brow pencils. Please do not wear makeup to any Microblading Sessions.
- Hair removal such as tweezing or waxing should be done at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Electrolysis should not be done within 5 days of the procedure. Do not resume any method of hair removal for 7 days following your procedure.
- If eyebrows are normally dyed, do not have that procedure done within 48 hours of your appointment. Wait 7 days following your procedure before dying eyebrows.
- Allergy testing of the pigment is recommended before your planned procedure.
- Limit the use of aspirin or ibuprofen prior to your scheduled procedure.
- Avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, aspirin, high sodium foods or medical procedures 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Stay hydrated. Drinks lots of water and healthy liquids 24 hours prior to your appointment. This will aide in the body tissue repair and recovery process. Dehydration can also intensify discomfort during the Microblading process, which is undesirable.
- If under the care of a physician, please obtain a written consent to proceed with the Microblading procedure.