Choosing Your Treatment
Our spa reservation department will help you plan the perfect spa experience based on your specific needs. Make sure to inform us of any medical issues or if you are pregnant.
Please notify our reservation department if you have high blood pressure, allergies, physical ailments, special needs, or if you are pregnant prior to your service so that we may prepare for your service accordingly.
- We do not perform body treatments on expectant mothers prior to 12 weeks.
- We do not perform body treatments on mothers who have given birth within the past 8 weeks.
- We do not perform body treatments on persons who have undergone anesthesia within the past 8 weeks.
- We do not perform body treatments on persons who have been in major physical trauma (such as a work or car accident) within the past 8 weeks.
- We do not perform body treatments on persons with body or foot fungus.
- We do not perform body treatments or facial treatments on persons who’ve undergone cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks.
As always, we recommend speaking with your doctor before any service. A medical intake form will be provided prior to your massage/body treatment. Any contraindications notated on this form may result in a decline of treatment.
All cellular phones must be turned off upon entering the spa. Shh… entering the quiet zone.
We suggest that you arrive a minimum of 10-15 minutes before your appointment(s). This allows time to sign in, fill out any paperwork, as well as change into your robe. Arriving late will simply limit the time of your treatment. Your treatment will end on time so the next guest will not be delayed. The full value of your treatment will be applied. Take advantage of our quiet room and arrive 30-45 minutes in advance in order to have some extra relaxation time!
What to Wear
Most body treatments and massages are enjoyed without clothing; however, please wear what is comfortable for you. During all treatments, the body is fully draped except for the area that is being worked on at the time. All clients will be given a locker to store their personal items, as well as a robe to wear while within the spa.
Shaving is not recommended immediately before your appointment. For waxing treatments, allow 3 weeks’ worth of hair growth before your scheduled appointment.
We kindly request that cancellations or changes to appointments be made at least 24 hours in advance. A credit card may be necessary to reserve multiple appointments.
Payment and Gratuity
We accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover credit cards as well as cash and check. Typical spa gratuity is 15%; however, any gratuity is greatly appreciated.
Gift Certificates may be purchased for any service or dollar amount. You may order one over the phone to be picked up or mailed, or you may stop by the spa to purchase one.
Our spa focuses on creating a calm and tranquil environment. There are potentially dangerous items such as chemicals, wax pots and towel warmers within our facility. Please take the following into consideration when bringing your child to the spa:
- Children are welcome to the spa, when they have an appointment and are accompanied by an adult.
- Services for clients under the age of 18 require a parent or guardians signature to authorize the services. If the client is under the age of 15 the parent or guardian must remain in the room where the service is being performed. If the client is 15-18 years old, a parent or guardian may sign that they may be in a treatment room alone.
- Due to safety considerations, children are not permitted in treatment rooms unless for their own scheduled appointment.
- Children in the Lobby or Quiet Room must be attended by another adult (who is not receiving services) at all times. If you arrive without another adult, you may be asked to reschedule as our staff members cannot be responsible for watching over your child.
Minors are permitted to receive spa services at Nu Essence Spa. A parent or legal guardian must be present in completing the Health History Form for the minor and to sign the policies.
- Minors (under age 18) can only receive services with written consent from a parent or guardian.
- For clients age 15 and under, the parent or guardian must be present in the treatment room.
- For clients age 16-17, if both client and parent or guardian are comfortable with the child in the treatment room by his or herself, the parent or guardian may sign accordingly.
- Otherwise, the parent or guardian should be in the treatment room during each session.